PLEASE READ THESE TERMS OF SERVICE CAREFULLY. BY DOWNLOADING THE APPS OR ACCESSING OR USING THE SERVICES, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH HERE AND ALL TERMS INCORPORATED BY REFERENCE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS, DO NOT DOWNLOAD THE APPLICATION OR USE THE SERVICES.
Welcome! These Terms of Service (“Terms“) apply to your access to and use of the websites, mobile applications (the “Apps“), software development kits (“SDK“), and other products and services (collectively, the “Services“) provided by Sticky Piston. (“Sticky Piston” or “we“). By accessing our Services, you agree to these Terms. If you do not agree to these Terms, including the mandatory arbitration provision and class action waiver, do not access or use our Services.
ARBITRATION NOTICE: THESE TERMS CONTAINS AN ARBITRATION CLAUSE BELOW. EXCEPT FOR CERTAIN TYPES OF DISPUTES MENTIONED IN THAT ARBITRATION CLAUSE, YOU AND PLACED AGREE THAT DISPUTES BETWEEN US WILL BE RESOLVED BY MANDATORY BINDING ARBITRATION, AND YOU AND PLACED WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS-ACTION LAWSUIT OR CLASS-WIDE ARBITRATION.
- ELIGIBILITYYou must be at least 13 years of age to access or use the Services. If you are under 18 years of age (or the age of legal majority where you live), you may only access or use our Services under the supervision of a parent or legal guardian who agrees to be bound by these Terms. If you are a parent or legal guardian of a user under the age of 18 (or the age of legal majority), you agree to be fully responsible for the acts or omissions of such user in connection with the Services. If you are accessing or using the Services on behalf of another person or entity, you represent that you are authorized to accept these Terms on that person or entity’s behalf and that the person or entity agrees to be responsible to us if you or the other person or entity violates these Terms. The Services are intended for use solely in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, and Australia by residents of each market, and StickyPiston makes no claims that the Services are appropriate for use outside of the United States, Canada, United Kingdom and Australia.
- USER ACCOUNTS AND ACCOUNT SECURITYYou may need to register for an account or use your credentials (e.g., username and password) from a third-party social media platform to access some or all of our Services. If you register for an account, you must provide accurate account information and promptly update this information if it changes. You also must maintain the security of your account and promptly notify us if you discover or suspect that someone has accessed your account without your permission. If you permit others to use your account credentials, you are responsible for the activities of such users that occur in connection with your account.
- COMMUNICATIONS FROM PLACEDBy using the Services, you consent to Placed communicating with you about the Services or in connection with the features, functions and activities contained therein by SMS, text message, email or other electronic means. Your carrier’s normal, messaging, data and other rates and fees will apply to these communications.
- RIGHTS WE GRANT TO YOUSubject to these Terms, Placed grants you a personal, worldwide, royalty-free, non-assignable, non-exclusive, revocable, and non-sublicensable license to access and use the Services on any device that you own or control. This license is for the sole purpose of letting you use and enjoy the Services’ benefits in a way that these Terms and our usage policies allow.
Any software that we provide you may automatically download and install upgrades, updates, or other new features. You may be able to adjust these automatic downloads through your device’s settings.
You may not copy, modify, distribute, sell, or lease any part of our Services, nor may you reverse engineer or attempt to extract the source code of that software, unless laws prohibit these restrictions or you have our written permission to do so. You agree not to authorize or permit any third party to distribute or make the App available over a network where it could be used by multiple devices at the same time; nor will you remove, alter, or obscure any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notice on or in the Services.
- RIGHTS YOU GRANT USThe Services may provide the opportunity for you to share content with Placed. You grant Placed and our affiliates a perpetual, irrevocable, nonexclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, sublicensable, and transferable license to host, store, use, publicly display, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, distribute, and create derivative works from, any content that you submit to Placed for business purposes (e.g., promoting the Sweepstakes in which you participated).
- USER CONDUCTYou agree that you will not violate any applicable law, contract, intellectual property or other third-party right or commit a tort, and that you are solely responsible for your conduct while accessing or using our Services. You also agree that you will not:
- Submit any content that is (a) unlawful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, indecent, lewd, suggestive, harassing, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, abusive, inflammatory, fraudulent or otherwise objectionable, (b) that contains any viruses, corrupted data or other harmful, disruptive or destructive files or content (c) or that may infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual or proprietary right of any party;
- Engage in any harassing, threatening, intimidating, predatory or stalking conduct;
- Attempt to misdirect, mislead, or generate fake location based data as part of the data collection process for the Apps;
- Use or attempt to use another user’s account without authorization from that user and Placed;
- Use the Services in any manner that could interfere with, disrupt, negatively affect or inhibit other users from fully enjoying our services or that could damage, disable, overburden or impair the functioning of our services in any manner;
- Reverse engineer any aspect of the Services or do anything that might discover source code or bypass or circumvent measures employed to prevent or limit access to any part of the Services;
- Attempt to circumvent any content-filtering techniques we employ or attempt to access any feature or area of the Services that you are not authorized to access;
- Develop any third-party applications that interact with the Services without our prior written consent, including any scripts designed to scrape or extract data from the Services; or
- Use the Services for any illegal or unauthorized purpose, or engage in, encourage or promote any activity that violates these Terms.